- Please be on time for lessons and classes. If you arrive late, your teacher will not give you extra time to compensate as he/she has other students who are waiting for lessons. We have set schedules for our teachers, so we kindly ask you to respect their time by showing up each week as scheduled.
- Connecting with your teacher online: if you have a hard time connecting with your teacher for your online lesson, please try to call your teacher directly so he/she can help you try to connect (this is faster than trying to go through the office). If for some reason you are unable to reach your teacher, please call/email the school so we can help you. All other lesson and school matters should be directed to the office.
- Student Absences (Private Lessons): We have highly trained and committed teachers who reserve your lesson time for you each week. Since we ask them to set aside this time for your lessons, we ask that students make a commitment to their lessons and attend weekly. Students will be allowed 2 excused absences if enrolled in our 10 month plan (1 in our 3 month plan, 0 for month-to-month plan). Excused absences include illness, family emergencies, performances in school concerts, college testing (SATs, ACTs) and college interviews, and religious holidays. Should you need to miss a lesson, we ask for at least 24 hours’ notice (we understand that if you are sick and unable to do a lesson you may not be able to cancel 24 hours in advance, but we do ask that you call us as early as possible if this is the case). We will do our best to schedule a makeup lesson for the allotted 2 excused If we cannot, we will credit the lesson at the end of the session. Any additional absences will be considered unexcused and will not be made up. Absences must be reported to the office, not to the teacher (although as a courtesy to your teacher, please also let your teacher know after you have contacted the office). Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be forfeited and no makeup lesson will be offered. If you are enrolled in our 10 month plan and you must withdraw from lessons, we ask that you give us 30 days’ notice* (payment for the last 30 days must be made regardless of whether you take the lessons or not). We will do our best to fit you back into the teacher’s schedule should you return, but we will not be able to save your day and time unless you continue to pay for lessons while you are gone. Please note that some of our teachers may have full schedules which may affect these policies. If that is the case, we will provide you with studio specific policies regarding absences.
- Teacher Absences (Private Lessons): If a teacher must cancel a lesson, the lesson will be made-up or credited. Every attempt will be made to reschedule the lesson, but if that proves to be impossible, the lesson will be credited at the end of the session. The school will notify you if your teacher is sick or must cancel a lesson for any reason. Please make sure to provide the school with current day and evening phone numbers as well as an email address so you can be notified.
- Make-up Lesson/Credit Policies (Private Lessons): Make-up lessons will be given for the 2 excused absences cancelled 24 hours in advance only (see #3 above). These lessons will be scheduled upon the teacher’s availability. If a make-up lesson is impossible, a credit will be issued at the end of the session. If a make-up lesson is scheduled and the student does not show up for the lesson or cancels the lesson, the lesson is forfeited, will not be rescheduled and no credit will be issued for the missed lesson (in other words, we do not make up makeup lessons). Please direct all questions about makeups to the office (not your teacher).
- Student Absences (Classes/Ensembles): All absences must be reported to the office. Since classes and ensembles are dependent on the group, no make-ups or credits will be offered if a student misses a class or ensemble.
- Teacher Absences (Classes/Ensembles): If a teacher must cancel a class or an ensemble, every attempt will be made to make-up the class or ensemble. There will be no credits if we are unable to reschedule the class/ensemble.
- Weather: since we are teaching online, lessons/classes will not be cancelled due to the weather and will be conducted as regularly scheduled.
- Payment: Payment is due in full before the start of lessons, classes and ensembles each semester. You may also select to pay monthly if you are enrolled in the 10 month plan. All students must have a credit card authorization form on file. This card will only be charged if you request automatic monthly payments to be charged to it, if you do not pay your tuition on time and for any withdrawal fees/final payments should you withdraw from lessons. You must pay for the first month’s lessons (plus registration fee) prior to the start of lessons. Payment for each month’s lessons must be made prior to the start of each month. To keep payments contactless, payments may be made by credit card or online through our website (we can send you an invoice to pay online). If you would like to pay by cash or check, please contact the office to make arrangements. There will be a fee of $25 for returned checks. There will be a $15 late fee added for any payments received after the 10th of the month.
- Withdrawals and Refunds: You are making a commitment for an entire session of lessons (3 or 10 month plans). Refunds will only be issued to students who withdraw from lessons before their first lesson (minus the registration fee). All students must notify the office with 30 days’ notice if he/she decides to withdraw from private lessons (payment for last 30 days must be made whether you decide to take the lessons or not). Notifying the teacher does not constitute notification of withdrawal. For classes and ensembles, 100% refunds will be given if a student withdraws before classes and ensembles begin. Once classes and ensembles begin there are no refunds.
Updated: July 2020